Monday, July 6, 2009

A Song And A Scripture

The Power of Your Love
Verse 1:
Lord, I come to You, let my heart be changed, renewed,
Flowing from the grace, That I found in You
Lord, I've come to know, The weaknesses I see in me,
Will be stripped away, By the power of Your love

Chorus:
Hold me close, Let Your love surround me
Bring me near, Draw me to Your side
And as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle
And I will soar with You, Your Spirit leads me on
In the power of Your Love

Verse 2:
Lord unveil my eyes, Let me see You face to face
The knowledge of Your love, As You live in me
Lord renew my mind, As Your will unfolds in my life
In living every day, In the power of Your Love


His will is unfolding in my life. He is changing me into the person He has always planned for me to be, and it is pleasing in His sight as i learn to obey whatever He asks me.

There is a lot He has asked me to do, a lot that He calls me to be. But it's not a bad thing, its an amazing thing. And as i start to see it, as my eyes are being opened to them, i'm amazed i didn't see them before.

There is such opportunity all around me, with everything and every part of my life, that He wants to use and to spread and shine His light through.


This morning i read in Philipians 2:14-16.

It says "Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have to run in vain or labored in vain."

In verse 16, it says "hold fast". It has two thoughts: hold fast, and hold forth. Hold fast, always blaze for God, always reflecting Him. And to hold forth; hold out into the darkness around us. Let it shine out into the dark.

Every part of my life has a person in it that needs His light shined on them. They need His light shown to them. I was just reminded to do this, to open my eyes up to the opportunitys around me every day, there is always someone i can pour out on.

I'm filled with light, i'm His child.



So, just a song i found, and a Scripture I read.


-'manda

1 comment: