Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Gift

This year, i haven't asked for anything really. I've gotten some really nice gifts though.

I've received candy, hand warmers for my pockets in Tokyo, a free jacket, socks, leg warmers, and some various other things.


But this year, i received something really special. I received a gift from someone really close.


This friend took me way up high on a hill, to the very top of an old Castle ruin. We gazed at God's beautiful creation all around us, captured some of the beauty with pictures, and watched the sun
go almost down all the way.













But then, there at the top of the castle ruins, in the Kings courts, i was given a promise backed up with a hear full of love, and asked a simple question, "will you marry me?"

On December the 10th, Eder proposed to me and gave me my Christmas present.



For those of you who were praying (and still are) for us, we really thank you. None of this has been an easy journey (so much learned and so much pride worked through), it's all been by God's tender hand leading us. We really just want to let you know we appreciate your prayers, and to tell you how much we need them. We are both just two people with many faults, following after the Lord because His redeeming work in our lives changed us. His love completely changed us forever.

I just wanted this post to be it's own special one, because it's a really amazing thing that God gave into my life. I don't deserve or expect for God to give me such great love and such a great gift to have in my life serving Him here, but i really am thankful. I hope this thing brings glory to Him, that it would encourage you somehow in your life, that it would make you see God's love more and more.

Stay tuned for more stories of the adventure God is taking me on :)


God bless you,


-'Manda

1 comment:

  1. 'MANDA! Wow praise the Lord. I'm so happy for you too. I love you both very much, and will definitely be praying for you guys:)! God bless you in your new venture of faith together!!!!

    ReplyDelete