Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hey everyone,




So yesterday (Monday) we all went too go see the Sakura blossoms up north (cherry blossoms). It was an exciting day! we climbed a million and one steps, and at the top there greeted us an old shrine. It was interesting to see such a thing (we don't really have anything much like it in the states...), and it was sad, as i was heading back down afterwards (I was the last one up, and the last one down) too pass an older couple, and too hear them ringing the bell too pray to the god['s] and ask for help/luck or whichever type it was for. I understand it is a tradition so driven in that too some it is not even really like they are praying to a god, but it is still sad and so lost.

What's really cool is that everyone here at the college is told/taught to be respectful of the Japanese and their culture (and not too tear it apart), which shows alot of love to them.


We also stopped at a place with the "Elephant" rock, and two different beaches, which were beautiful. I'm trying to get my slideshow straghtened out to show you all the photos i took, but it isn't really working at the moment...






so here are a few that i took.




Classes are going well, but please pray that I (and all the students!) would be able to keep up with homework, but not neglect our quiet time with Jesus. It is harder to balance everything here because we do so much in each day, and sometimes things come up fast and we need to go help with something or we get an opportunity. And you just gotta go. ^_^ i love it though.
I learned more Japanese today. It's so much fun to talk with everyone at church, they are eager to help whenever you make it known you are trying to learn the language. I learned "Hisashiburi", which means "long time no see". (i used it on almost everyone in the church ahaha). I can also say that my cup is empty on the inside!!
That's all i can think of at this moment, thanks for reading ^_^

-'manda

1 comment:

  1. I look and look and can not find the DONATE button! Am I blind? Or are you shy?

    ReplyDelete