Sunday, October 25, 2009

John 13:1-38 (i encourage you to read this)


"Jesus left us such an amazing example of love and serving one another. He said “hey, look at these people around you. Your not above them, you are not too big to serve them. Go, love them like I have shown you.” There is no excuse that we can give to say we don’t know how to serve them or love them. Yes, it will be hard, but Jesus has shown us how to, He even loves us with that same love He wants us to show. This is an amazing love He is calling us to give and to show, but it should be displayed in our lives, despite our circumstances and the people it needs to be towards. You’ve got to show love, its part of you now since Christ saved you.
I keep having moments when God just whispers that He is love. “I am love.” I remember something that I love that I learned first semester of Bible college and partly from church back home. The grammar in the text when God says to the children of Israel “I AM” is an un finished sentence, there is no period at the end of it. It’s a sentence left unfinished, that we might fill in the blank of whatever our need is. He is our strength, our courage, our wisdom, our righteousness, and our love. He is all of it.
He’s going to be what we need, and He won’t call us to do something we can’t do. He will give us what we need to show this kind of love."


This is something i studied for my homework, and it gave me an amazing, preciouse, golden "nugget" to hold onto and really learn and understand.

I really encourage you to read this chapter and see what God shows you. This is something too many of us take forgranted, i know i did. I brushed over the verse where Jesus tells us to love as He has also (verse 34). We should not do so, don't follow my example, follow His.





Don't forget: God so loved us, He Sent His Son.
^_^
-'manda

No comments:

Post a Comment