Monday, June 22, 2009

I do not live,

Galations 2, verses 20 and 21.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

If you are dead, you cannot be bothered.
i read in a commentary today on the book of Hebrews (we are studying that right now, just the five of us), and it gave an example. I don't remember which verse it was talking about, but it reffered to the verse in the Gospel where Jesus says "Deny yourself, pick up your cross, and follow me". It gave the picture of going into all the visitor rooms in a funeral home, and whispering in the corpses ears "your marriage won't work out, the money for the bills won't come, you can't make it better, you messed up", whispering all these things that we let Satan tell us, that we believe. And Jesus said "die". When i first read it, i was like whoa hey, but then that verse is telling us to die to self. Death to self, no to self, and follow Jesus. If we are dead, we have no concern with the problems of life. We trust in Jesus more completely, when He is the one living in us. When He is the one being our strength.

I don't know, it was a cool thought to me. Jesus knows how much we need Him, He knows it more than we know ourselves. We gotta come to that point when we say "Jesus we need You to dwell among us, we need Your help. Jesus we need You."

I live by faith in Jesus, I put my trust in Him because none other can help me. I have so much life in Him, my faith in Him makes me alive.


"Praising the Lord, wherever we go.
Humming a tune not fit of His love.
Our burden is falling, down past our feet
We lift up our eyes; we are full of His peace.
"He's all that we need, and gives us just that
if we seek; He will give, and pour out of His grace.
The love is a fire, alight in our eyes
a window unleashing the shadows inside.
we walk in the light of His radiant face
Abounding, abounding! Oh Joy, oh grace."


-'manda

1 comment:

  1. AMEN Manda, thank you for posting this. Good juice!

    ReplyDelete