Thursday, June 4, 2009

Korea

Hey everyone, i made it to Korea!!! yay!!





So me and Dean headed out on Wednesday morning (along with Megan, who went to mainland Japan) and safely made it to Daejeon with no complications at all. praise the Lord!





We will both be staying until the end of August, before heading back to Okinawa for another semester. I will be graduating!



Everything is wonderful here so far, and i think it's only going to get better. Right now, i am staying with a family that is amazing and graciously letting me live with them. Gloria is my new Korean "ohmah" (mother) and takes wonderful care of me. I had the most amazing breakfast this morning!




Her son David (they have all been given american names by friends or teachers) is realy funny, his english is very good. We played "Badmitten" with ping pong paddles last night before bed. His mom told me "we train, everynight".






The first day here, we had prayer in the morning, and then headed to Mike's (pastor) house for some delicious lunch that his wife cooked! it was soo good. I don't even know what it was, but there was dumplings!! there was a soup we had, it was so, so good.



My new Korean family i am staying with, unvited everyone over for dinner after an evening Bible study we had. They threw together an amazing meal in under an hour!





For desert, we had fruit, a TON of fruit. it was so so good. Fruit is a lot cheaper here than it is in Okinawa.




(one of the girls cut the apples into bunnies!)
Afterwards, we played some games before everyone headed home for the night. We played "Baskin Robbins 31!", they love that game here! The punishment was "Indian Bump!", which was mercifuly given out several times.




My stay so far has been amazing, and i know it's only going to get better. I will post with more photos, because we have done a lot of things in the past few days.
Tomorrow is Sunday, we go to 3 different churches to help out! Busy all day long, but with many blessings.
Thank you for your prayers, and for reading along on my blog (it's nice to share God's work with someone).
-'manda

2 comments:

  1. :D good to hear! i'm praying for you!
    Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet!
    i'm glad you're having non-spicy food out there. just don't chub out like 'em boys.
    heehee cuz i know i would...

    ReplyDelete