Monday, June 29, 2009

Iron Chef meets Cooking Mama

For Dinner today, me, I, 'manda Drew, cooked a meal. Yes, praise the Lord, i cooked.


Yay!! So today, Sosimo offered to teach me how to make fried rice (bokumbap). So we headed to the little convience store right by my house, and searched for some great ingredients. (we found my favorite thing to eat in Korea besides popsicles, Korean Sausage!!!).
Dean took the photos, and consumed the meal. Thanks Dean, i appreciate you eating my cooking!




(washing hands, that's important)




(LOOK AT THE KOREAN SAUSAGE!! SO GOOD!)





(look mom, one handed!)




(first yoke broke, but the transfer to the pan was succesful)



So we cooked, and cooked, and AMAZING!! a meal came forth!



Ta-Da!!!


After the feast, i studied my Korean. I'm not very good at it, and i don't practice a lot. But i'm going to start too. So i studied!!



Then, Kailey came over for her guitar lesson!! She is doing very well, she catches on fast. I taught her "Jesus Lord of Heaven", and she had the verse and chorus by the end of the night! I'm very proud of her, pray that she keeps growing in her skill, and will play for the Lord with all she's got!

Thus, the night of another great day was finished.
EXCEPT FOR A PRAYER REQUEST!!!!
On Sunday, we are starting new services at the church in Daejeon. There is a morning service translated, and the same evening service we have been having. There is also a childrens english sunday school, and i ask for your prayers. We really want to bless the people around us, and to teach them God's Word. Pray for boldness in sharing in these kids lives, and that their parents would see the love Jesus is going to fill them with. Because He will fill them, and work great things in their lives.
Thanks in advance,
-'manda

1 comment:

  1. WOO!!!! good job the meal looks great! i'll keep you in my prayers still friend. miss you!

    ReplyDelete