Friday, January 29, 2010

Landed in the land of the rising sun: Okinawan version!

Hey everyone! I made it! Praise Jesus!!!!!


I made it fine through immigration and through the flights. I had some long layers, but thankfully i was able to sleep on the planes ride a bit more than normal!

It's much warmer (and "moist" in the air) here, and it's good to see everyone again! I even received a phone call from the main island from the spearmans.


We head straight into ministry today! I got to help clean a fan in the kitchen, and tonight we have an outreach with the university students from Ryukyu, for a sweet concert and dinner at the cafe tonight!

School starts this monday, (well orientation) and there are already a few students here. Another gets in tonight, and two more tomorrow. Looks like it will be a smaller semester of girls, and the guys (though there are still many in our group).
Please pray for the students and all the interns and teachers here. There are a few students who are teaching classes at the same time, i know they will need prayer and strength from God. thanks!

I'll put up photos later today, we are about to eat and the laptop needs to go off!

Praise the Lord for His providence, and for walking before me on this journey. i still don't know exactly what lies ahead, but i know He's going to be with me. Thank you for your prayers, and for the continuence of them. God bless you in them.

-'manda

1 comment:

  1. it is really exciting to see God provide! and I'm excited to watch the Oki semester from here :]

    ReplyDelete