Thursday, August 20, 2009

Preparing

Well, it's almost time to head back to Okinawa, Japan, for another semester of Bible College. This will be my last semester, i will be graduating this December.
It's hard to believe that this will be my fourth semester, it only feels like i've done two. But praise the Lord, He has done so much in that time, and will still do so much in this last one, and after.

So, me (and Dean, he's going back for his third semester) are getting ready to go, winding down some of the things that we are doing here in at the Daejeon church. It's not quite like when Daniel and Sosimo left, but people are starting to get sad already remembering we are leaving.

I know i am going to miss the girls here the most.
I did not have a very big heart for Korea when i first came here (i will be honest, i really didn't know anything about Korea, and had a hard time pushing my desire for the japanese people to the back part of my minda nd focusing on the korean people).
But God has completely changed me. I LOVE these people, i have a concern for them. There is so much do be done in Korea, the heart of these people are searching, they are being opened.

There is a girl, Salley, who i do a discipleship bible study with. She has not been a Christian very long, but its so beautiful to see her heart. She comes and says "teach me about God. i want to know the Bible, i want to know God". so pretty...

There are so many of them here, and their so precious to God. i am sad that i am leaving, that i won't have the opportunity to speak into their lives, to help them anymore. I just pray, i ask God to work through Iza, to bring other people to disciple these girls. i love them so much, it kinda really hurts to leave.
But God showed me it's not me thats doing the work, it's not me thats keeping them close to God. He is the one doing the work, and it won't stop when i leave. I have to put them in His hands, just like i did when i left home. The people i care about, should always be put in His hands, they are safest there.

*whew*
So, doing last time things here in ministry, getting to teach! scary but so, so sweet. i get to share my testimony with the church this sunday night, tomorrow we are doing two tourist things (Pastor Mike wanted to take us somewhere since we didn't really go anywhere all summer).
Monday i'm having a last discipleship class, and then hitting the batting cages one last time, and pump-it-up at the arcade with the guys before we go.

All of this time here has been a complete blessing. I am changed, and so blessed. Thank you Mike and Hye-Young (and Jeena!) for being a real blessing, for taking care of me while i was here. I'm very blessed having had the opportunity to work along side you both, and to share in your fellowship. I'm sorry your gonna "hate me for the rest of your life" for leaving Hye-Young, I still love you!

(this turned out to start to be a sappy goodbye ahaha!)

anyways, more soon.

God bless you reading this,

-'manda

2 comments:

  1. So good to read your blog 'manda. What a blessing it is to be in such great work of God. Looking forward to hearing more stories and just having you back! Enjoy your last days in Korea.

    ReplyDelete